Our school vision is to have high expectations and relevant, functional targets for every pupil and staff team member within our supportive and innovative learning community; a school where we are all curious, motivated and proud of our achievements.
Our Core Purpose
Our core purpose is to collaboratively plan, deliver and celebrate the best possible learning opportunities and achievements for every pupil within our positive, inclusive community.
The ethos of our school is based on the values of respect, positivity and purpose. We value listening carefully to every pupil, supporting them to communicate their needs and interests. We value working with families and with our partners in health and social care.
- To ensure pupils’ individual priorities are at the heart of all learning opportunities
- To place priority on communication and interaction skills, equipping every pupil with the means to express their needs, choices and interests, with confidence
- To support pupils to meet their targets and work towards their aspirations, hopes and dreams
- To help prepare every pupil for the next stage of their education, including transition to post school provision
- To involve families in effective partnership working, co-producing and agreeing learning priorities and positive, consistent behaviour strategies
- To celebrate achievements with pupils and their families
- To provide safe, fun and appropriate learning activities and environments
- To be active participants in the St Neots community, utilising community facilities to transfer and generalise functional learning
- To work with other schools within our community and beyond, providing outreach support and training
- To work collaboratively with our partners in health to promote physical and emotional wellbeing, and our partners in social care to ensure our pupils and their families feel supported and safe
- To support all staff in their professional learning, to ensure they have the skills, knowledge and expertise to work at their best, in partnership with the Discovery Teaching School Alliance and Pilgrim Partnership and recognised SEND training providers.