CLASS TEACHERS required for September 2019
Full time, permanent post. Salary range: MPR or UPR or plus 1 or 2 SEN points dependent on experience and qualifications.
Samuel Pepys is a Cambridgeshire area special school for 102 (113 on roll) wonderful pupils aged 3 to 19 years living in St. Neots and the surrounding area. All pupils have an Education, Health and Care Plan to meet their severe and complex needs. Our pupils inspire and teach us a lot and we are committed to ensuring everyone achieves their full potential through fun, innovative, purposeful and engaging learning opportunities. We are pleased to work closely with families, other professionals and have the dedicated support of Governors.
Our curriculum places priority on meeting individual needs and learning what really matters with a focus upon functional life skills. We were rated ‘good’ by Ofsted in May 2018, who described our school as “an outward-looking, reflective and innovative community”
If you are a qualified teacher with experience of planning and delivering outstanding learning for pupils with special educational needs or other recent, relevant experience and a commitment to developing as a teacher within a specialist environment, we would like to hear from you.
Successful applicants can expect to:
- Be part of a friendly and outward looking school with wonderful pupils and a strong staff team ethos;
- Be committed to continued professional development and networking opportunities;
- Take part in collaborative planning opportunities;
- Engage in great multi-disciplinary working, with on-site therapists and regular multi-disciplinary meetings;
- Plan and deliver high quality learning opportunities within a well resourced school and the wider community;
- Use new technology to support teaching and learning includingiPads in each class, projectors and sound systems in the hall and gym, green screen technology and the latest immersive control technology in our MiLE Room;
- Promote communication and interaction in a whole range of settings including our Literacy Lounge and outdoor learning areas
- Enjoy a new and rewarding challenge!
Samuel Pepys School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to successful pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS, medical check and references, which will be requested prior to interview. You are invited to visit the school on Wednesday 20thMarch at 1.30pm,please contact the school office to confirm your attendance. If you would like to talk informally about this exciting opportunity please contact Joanne Hardwick, Head Teacher or Penny Kirkpatrick, Deputy Head.
Please complete and return the application form by Friday 22ndMarch 2019 at 9.00am.
Interviews will be held on Friday 29thMarch 2019
We also advertise at epm.co.uk and indeed jobs.
Samuel Pepys School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to successful pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS, health check and references, which will be requested prior to interview. We actively promote equality of opportunity in employment in our school and would be pleased to receive applications from all candidates regardless of age, ethnicity or religion.