CLASS TEACHER required for November 2019
Part time 0.4 temporary post for school year 2019-20. Start date 31stOctober 2019. Salary range: MPR plus 1 SEN point or unqualified teacher scale (dependent on experience and qualifications).
Samuel Pepys is a Cambridgeshire area special school for 102 (120 on roll) wonderful pupils aged 3 to 19 years living in St. Neots and the surrounding area. All pupils have an Education, Health and Care Plan to meet their severe and complex needs. Our pupils inspire and teach us a lot and we are committed to ensuring everyone achieves their full potential through fun, innovative, purposeful and engaging learning opportunities. We are pleased to work closely with families, other professionals and have the dedicated support of Governors.
Our curriculum places priority on meeting individual needs and learning what really matters with a focus upon functional life skills. Ofsted (March 2019) judged our school as outstanding in all areas stating, “teaching, learning and assessment are outstanding. Teachers’ high expectations enable pupils to flourish”
If you are a teacher with recent, relevant experience of planning and delivering outstanding learning for pupils with special educational needs or with a commitment to developing as a teacher within a specialist environment, we would like to hear from you. You will be working with young people in our Preparation for Adulthood (Post 16) classes.
Successful applicants can expect to:
- Be part of a friendly and outward looking school with wonderful pupils and a strong staff team ethos;
- Be committed to continued professional learning and development and networking opportunities;
- Take part in collaborative planning opportunities with like-minded colleagues;
- Engage in great multi-disciplinary working, with on-site therapists and regular multi-disciplinary meetings;
- Plan and deliver high quality learning opportunities within a well resourced school and the wider community;
- An engaging curriculum with creative learning themes
- Use new technology to support teaching and learning including iPads in each class, projectors and sound systems in the hall and gym and the latest immersive control technology in our MiLE Room;
- Promote communication and interaction in a whole range of settings including our Literacy Lounge, Forest School and outdoor learning areas
- Enjoy a new and rewarding challenge!
Samuel Pepys School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to successful pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS, medical check and references, which will be requested prior to interview. If you would like to talk informally about this exciting opportunity please contact Joanne Hardwick, Head Teacher or Penny Kirkpatrick, Deputy Head via the office@ email.
Please complete and return the application form, with an accompanying letter of application by email by Friday 20th September 2019 at 9.00am. Interviews will be held on Thursday 26th September.
Application packs are available to download here, please scroll down.
We also advertise at epm.co.uk, Indeed jobs, Teach in Cambs and the DFE site.
Samuel Pepys School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to successful pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS, health check and references, which will be requested prior to interview. We actively promote equality of opportunity in employment in our school and would be pleased to receive applications from all candidates regardless of age, ethnicity or religion.